One of the great things about the Cedars community is the chance to gather for special events which are sprinkled all throughout the year. Details on all these events are shared via The Cedars Shake and, for the larger events, on our /events website page. Dates and/or times can always be found on our /school-calendar page.
Here are some of the things to look forward to each year:
- Fall and Spring Barbeques – community events for “back to school” and wrapping up the year which are also fundraisers for the Grade 11 YWAM and Grade 12 Grad trips.
- Fall and Spring Work Bees – twice a year we enlist the help of our community to do repairs, deeper cleaning, gardening and things of that nature; a great way to get volunteer hours!
- Fall and Spring Society Meetings – two important times for Society members to connect with the Board, admin, staff, and each other around the running of the school and plans for the future.
- Hot Lunch Days – the PAC runs 1 or 2 hot lunch days most months, which is always popular with the kids!
- Christmas Musical – a highlight of the year for sure! Grades Pre-K to 6 put on a spectacular show each Christmas, one that shouldn’t be missed!
- “Grand” Community Event – held in May in celebration of grandparents (or those special folk who play that role in your children’s lives), we invite grands to the school for a special day with their grandkids, a luncheon, and performances by the students.
- Grad – the valedictory ceremony is always open to anyone who would like to attend. It’s an inspiring and very personal event held near the end of May each year.
- Elementary Sports Day – sports, games, ribbons, concession, fresh air – what more could you want to help wrap up a school year?
Along with these special events, we have two high school parent-teacher interview sessions (fall and spring), one elementary parent-teacher session (fall), Christmas and Spring Breaks (two weeks each), and we publish a community directory at some point in October.
We hope this gives you a good overview of a school year at Cedars. As always, if you have any questions, please contact the school at 250-564-0707. In the next email, we’ll talk about After School Care, Cedars Athletics, and setting up tuition payments for the year.