Educating and equipping discerning disciples of Jesus Christ for restorative work in His kingdom
Volunteering at Cedars
Each family with children attending Cedars is expected to contribute 25 hours of volunteer time with the school each year. We have many opportunities that range from driving on field trips to helping with hot lunch, coaching sports teams to cleaning up around the school on our spring and fall work bee sessions.
You can record the hours you spend volunteering in the large book kept in the Main Office. We also have a Volunteer Hours Log on our Forms Page which you can download if you wish to track at home.
Check here for news and information on current volunteer opportunities. We also post these in the weekly news email, The Shake.
Mrs. Sturwold is looking for volunteers at the Preschool on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. For more information, please call the Preschool at 250-961-7495.
1) The Preschool could use some help for their Parent and Child Christmas PJ Party on Friday, Dec. 16. For more info, call the Preschool at 250-961-7495.
2) Ms. van Dijk could still use help filing band music away. Please contact her at email@example.com
3) If you could help clean up at First Baptist Church after the final Christmas concert on Dec. 20, the organizers would really appreciate the extra hands! Contact Shane Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Mrs. Green would like some help distributing play posters – please contact her at email@example.com
Volunteers needed for the Sr A Boys Volleyball Provincials, hosted by Cedars on November 22-24. Please contact Steve Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
What You Need to Volunteer
Criminal Record Check
Cedars Christian School is enrolled with the Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP) online application services. All volunteers for our school, including the Preschool, are now required to apply for their Criminal Record Check (CRC) online. A CRC is required to be on file with the school before individuals can volunteer in the classroom or on field trips with students.
Below is a link to the online application. The access code is unique to our organization and will be required when you submit the online request. There is no charge for this service.
Online Link: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
Access Code: 7SBRH2HC8Y
The results of your criminal record check will be sent to the business office of the school. You will be contacted by the CRRP if they are unable to process your application. A digital and paper record will be kept by the school. Once completed, the criminal record check is valid for 5 years.
Volunteer Driver Information
If you wish to help with driving students for field trips or other events, we will need the following things from you each year:
- Volunteer Driver Information Form – fill in online (yearly)
- A copy of your current vehicle insurance – we can copy it for you at the school office or upload it with the above form (yearly)
- A Driver’s Abstract (your driving record) (yearly)
You have two options to get your Driver’s Abstract to us: Online at the Driver’s Abstract Website, or call 1-800-663-3051 between 8:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, and ask them to fax it to the school at 250-564-0729.