Educating and equipping discerning disciples of Jesus Christ for restorative work in His kingdom
Volunteer Driver Form
Please read and accept the following regulations before continuing to fill in the form.
In volunteering to transport student(s), I confirm my awareness of the following school regulations.
- Vehicles used for student transportation must be rated appropriately and insured with Province of British Columbia with minimum Third Party Liability Insurance. The vehicle must be properly equipped with seat belts for each occupant; seat belts must be secured when traveling.
- The school does not accept responsibility for any damage to the vehicle in the event of an accident, not for deductible, loss of insurance discount, or loss of use.
- The volunteer driver and owner should ensure that, to the best of his/her knowledge, the motor vehicle used for student transportation is in good mechanical condition. In winter, the vehicle must have winter tires in good condition.
- Vehicles used will only be driven by the volunteer driver noted above who must be at least 21 years of age and in good health. The driver should be accident free for at least three years and cannot be a secondary school student.
- For safety and health reasons, volunteer drivers or passengers will not smoke in the vehicles while students are being transported.
- The driver must not, at any time during his/her performance as a volunteer driver, consume any alcoholic beverages or use any restricted substances.
- The driver must not operate the vehicle in an unsafe manner or in contravention of any statute of regulation governing the operation of motor vehicles. This includes driving the speed limit at all times.
- A current copy of your vehicle insurance needs to accompany this form to be filed at the office. You may submit this electronically below or bring it in for us to copy.
- The driver must provide a copy of his/her current driver’s abstract to the school office. Call 1-800-950-1498 Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm, and ask them to fax it to (250) 564-0729. Alternatively, submit your request online at ICBC.
- A criminal record check must be on file at the school office. You can do this online at https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/. Use the Access Code 7SBRH2HC8Y. There is no fee for this record check and it stays on our files for 5 years.
Note: If a vehicle has the capacity to carry more than nine occupants, the driver must have a Class 4 driver’s license and adhere to all National Safety Code regulations.
Code for Criminal Record Check: