Educating and equipping discerning disciples of Jesus Christ for restorative work in His kingdom
All of the Cedars Christian School weekly news is published here.
Get the Shake
Cedars publishes an e-newsletter every week. Sign up here to get important updates and news about the school.
Due to our photographer having to juggle some schedules, we’ve changed our Class Photo Day to Wednesday, November 17, 2021. However, individual re-takes will still be on Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
Cedars Christian School is looking for a full-time Grade 1/2 teacher (job description linked below) to fill a maternity leave position, starting on March 28, 2022. This is a limited duration contract through to the end of June 2022.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume, statement of faith, and philosophy of teaching to our Principal, Shane Nelson.
Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Closing: Until Filled
Start Date: March 28, 2021
Are you an artist or creative high school student? Or maybe your son or daughter is one? We are looking for you to enter the Yearbook Cover Contest! Over the last few years a number of our very creative students have designed our Cedars yearbook cover – Kyra B (2018-19) Melody M (2019-20) and Ava B (2020-21).
Entries may still be submitted to students in the Graphic Production class or to Mr. Wilson. Prizes for the winning entry will be a free yearbook and a Cedars hoodie! Deadline is Friday, October 29, 2021!
- The Senior Girls Volleyball Team won their tournament in Smithers this past weekend! The boys team played well, but faltered in the semi finals.
- The Junior Girls finished third in the Cedars Eagles Invitational at CNC while the Junior Boys played well against A teams in the DP Todd tournament.
- Both the Grade 8 Boys and Girls teams fared well in their respective Play Days over the weekend.
- Henrik W. and Martinus V. competed in a preliminary cross-country race in Vanderhoof on Saturday in preparation for Zones. Henrik won the silver medal while Martinus finished 6th! Well done boys!
- Senior Boys and Girls travel to Abbotsford (Boys) and Surrey (Girls) on Thursday to compete in the BC Christian Schools Championships
- The Junior Girls are at PGSS Friday and Saturday (the Junior Boys are off this week.)
- The Grade 8 teams are at Shas Ti Kelly Road – the Boys on Friday after school and evening and the Girls all day Saturday.
- Our grade 6/7 teams begin their schedule Thursday after school at St. Mary’s – Girls at 3:00 Boys White at 4:00
- Cross-country Zones are in Quesnel Saturday October 23. Competing for Cedars will be Liam R., Dawson F., Henrik W. and Martinus V.
We are very excited to announce our Elementary Christmas Musical “Glory to God in the Lowest”.
The Christmas Musical will be held the evenings of December 15 and 16, 2021. All K-6 students are an important part of the musical.
- The costume for Grade K-2 is smart-looking clothes – these can be Christmas themed.
- The costume for Gr 3-6 is blue jeans with a plain green T-shirt (no logo or pattern), and plain black socks.
- Character Actors and Small Ensemble members do not need to wear the above costumes. They will be fitted with appropriate costumes for their characters.
If anyone has any questions, please reach out to Ms. van Dijk at email@example.com
Give chocolates for Christmas and help raise money for our building expansion project! Cedars will get 25% back in fundraising profits from every sale — and you get chocolates crafted in Canada with premium-quality ingredients and 100% sustainable cocoa.
Orders are made online: the link and directions are included in the PDF below. You must place and pay for your orders by November 12, 2021. Catalogues will also be sent home with students this week. Feel free to share the information with friends and family!
Thank you for your support!
Congratulations to current grade 12 student, Rebekah Barg, for being named this year’s UNBC Scholar! Each year, Cedars nominates their top academic student (based on grade 11 year studies) for this generous award. UNBC Scholars get their tuition covered for a 4-yr degree program of their choosing. Well done, Rebekah!
Mark your calendars! The Scholastic Book Fair will be coming to Cedars from October 25th – November 1st. And for parents, friends, and family that are not able to attend the in-person event, be sure to join our Virtual Book Fair Extension! Our online shop will open on the first day of our Fair, but you can view a selection of the books you’ll find here:
More details to come!
Our Junior Girls Volleyball team is hosting 7 other schools this Friday and Saturday at CNC and we need scorekeepers. This is a paid experience at $10-$15/match. Please contact Mr. Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-961-9859)
CrossCountry at Quesnel – Register at 10:00 am Race at 11:00 am
Senior Boys and Girls Volleyball teams in Smithers
Junior Boys Volleyball at DP Todd Friday (3:30, 5:50, 8:10 pm) and Saturday
Junior Girls Volleyball at CNC Friday (4:00, 6:20 pm) and Saturday (9:00 am)
Grade 8 Boys Volleyball at College Heights Friday ONLY (4:30, 5:30, 7:30 pm)
Grade 8 Girls Volleyball at Duchess Park Saturday ONLY (9:00 am, 1:00 and 3:00 pm)