Educating and equipping discerning disciples of Jesus Christ for restorative work in His kingdom
Filter your news using the links below.
Although seemingly quiet on the ground, a tremendous amount of work continues to be done on our Growing Together Building Expansion Project. Board and Building Committee discussions, engineering work, and conversations with site prep service providers have ramped up over the past couple of weeks, and our Building Committee has some significant updates to share with our community.
If you are interested in hearing the latest news on the building front, you are encouraged to attend our next, monthly Town Hall Meeting at 7pm on Thursday, September 26th in our high school foyer.
Please continue to pray for our Building Committee, Board, and Leadership Team as we approach significant targets in our building expansion plan in the next weeks and months.
Mr. Wilson is looking for coaches for two Gr. 6/7 boys’ teams and one Gr. 6/7 girls’ team. If you are able to help, please contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alison Woolgar and her team are well underway with plans for hot lunches this coming year. The first forms are out this week and are due back on Monday, September 23rd. The first hot lunch will be on Tuesday, October 8th. Please note:
- Late orders will no longer be accepted as we have some new team members this year and are not able to be as flexible in taking late orders as we have been in the last number of years
- High School students pick up their forms outside the main office and return completed forms to the main office. Families with elementary students will have forms sent home with their youngest child. These completed forms may be returned to the classroom teacher.
- Cash and cheques made payable to Cedars’ PAC are the only acceptable payment forms, please do not pay online through the school website.
- If children are filling out the forms, please double check that their totals are correct.
- We are unable to make substitutions on the meal items due to the quantities that we order.
Thank you for supporting the Hot Lunch program.
We would like to encourage our families to continue to record your volunteer hours throughout the year. We want to track and celebrate the time that families spend investing in our school! We have the log books all set up and ready to go for this year – they are located in the Main Office right by the door.
We had a successful PAC meeting last week with several returning members and several new faces. It’s a great start to the year. We have a few items to make you aware of:
- Fall Fair Children’s Carnival: Save the date! We are looking forward to hosting Fall Fair Children’s Carnival on Saturday, October 26th in the afternoon. We will need many volunteers (students are welcome to volunteer as well) to help to make this a successful event! Please watch the Shake for further information.
- Needed: Bakers for events: PAC coordinates baking for staff meetings, pro-d days, band concerts and other events and send out requests on a monthly basis. You may earn volunteer hours by baking. If you love to bake and would like to bless different groups at the school through baking please contact Kristina Scott (email@example.com).
Our next meeting will be held Monday, October 28th at 7:00pm in the library. Everyone welcome! We will be making plans for a teacher appreciation lunch and for a High school breakfast.
Mrs. Erbacher is in need of some parents to help with the Scholastic Book Fair, which is coming up October 21-25. If you are available during the day and can pitch in, please contact Mrs. Erbacher – firstname.lastname@example.org