Educating and equipping discerning disciples of Jesus Christ for restorative work in His kingdom
Filter your news using the links below.
Elementary: Full day, 8:30am-2:55pm
High School: Half day for Grades 8-11, C and D blocks only; Grads excused for the day.
Main Office will be closed at 3:30pm on Friday.
If you have a sibling of a grad who will be away on Friday, please let the office know. Thanks!
Parents are welcome to join the Grades 7-12 students at our Worship in the Park Event taking place on Tuesday, June 11. The event is a collaboration between Cedars, Northside Christian School, and Westside Academy, and will be held at Lheidli T’enneh Memorial Park between 11:00am and 2:00pm. There will be activities, lunch, and then a joint time of worship. See you there!
Congratulations to the many Cedars students who participated in this year’s Prince George Speech Arts & Drama Festival. All told there were 166 students in grades 3 through 7 who took place in class choral speaking or choric drama presentations, and congratulations to Sherry Toninato’s Grade 5 class who earned the Large Group Choral Speaking trophy amongst competition from 37 other school classes from public and private schools across Prince George.
Congratulations, too, to the 28 individual students who competed in the festival with solo and duo pieces. Andrew I. was awarded first Junior Provincial delegate, earning him the right to compete against students from all over the province next week in Chilliwack, BC.
Other individual recognition went to the following people:
- Brooklyn R. and Sam C. were awarded book prizes for Adjudicator’s Honourable Mention
- Hunter L. was awarded a trophy for Lyric Poetry and a book prize as a “Promising Junior”
- Hannah V. received a book prize for her Sonnet
- Katriel H. received a book prize and trophy for Sight Reading
- Julia R. received book prizes for “Original Story Reading” and as a “Promising Junior.”
- Maillee T. received book prizes for “Intermediate Recognition” and was recommended as a Merited Participant (observer) at Intermediate Provincial competition.
- Avery L. received a book prize and the Iris Milne Prose trophy for her memorized prose
- Sihle V. was named as one of two individuals to share an “Adjudicator’s Choice” trophy
- Gabe T. received a book prize as being an “Adjudicator’s Honourable Mention”
- Mckenzie F. received book awards for both her Literary Monologue and Sacred Reading
Best wishes for a great competition, Andrew, and thank you all for representing Cedars with such excellence!
Our athletes did well at the recent Track and Field Zones! Some factoids and the results:
Cedars had 10 athletes, 40 events, 2 firsts, 5 seconds, 4 thirds, 4 fourths
6th long jump
6th shot put
10th shot put
11th long jump
5th long jump
And he qualified for Provincials in the 800m, 1500m and 3000m races!
22nd long jump
13th long jump
3rd high jump
4th 1500m steeplechase
As mentioned last week, we are pleased to announce and release one of our Growing Together promo videos as part of our Capital Campaign launch. Check it out and share it with others!
If you are able to help with parking on May 22nd for our Grand Community event, please contact the office. We will need help from 10:30am-12:30pm in the gravel and staff parking lots. High-vis vests and instructions to be provided by the school.
We Still Need a Few Things for Grand Community Day
If you can provide any one of the following, please contact Christie Kaldeway at email@example.com
4 large veggie trays
3 large fruit trays
4 large meat/cheese trays