Educating and equipping discerning disciples of Jesus Christ for restorative work in His kingdom
Absences, Appointments, and Accountability
If your child is ill or is going to be away from school, please let us know when and why for our attendance records. You may use the form to the right on this page, call or leave a message at 250-564-0707, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already emailing teacher(s) about the absence, please CC the office as well.
High school students need to sign out at the office if they are leaving school grounds for any reason during the day. When they return, or if they are arriving late, they must sign in. There is a book in the office for this purpose.
These practices are very important for both safety and record-keeping reasons. Thank you for your assistance in keeping your children accounted for!
Traffic Rules at Cedars
A regular part of our day is dropping children off at and picking children up from the school. It’s a big and fairly quick process, so in order to keep everyone safe, please adhere to the following traffic safety rules.
- Drop-off rules take effect at 8:00am
- Drive in direction of blue arrows only – one way in the loop and back parking lot
- Park in back parking lot for drop-off and pick-up and use the crosswalk area. Please do not drop off while driving through gravel parking lot loop along the fence line.
- Use the yellow zone only along the front of the school as a drop-off zone – single lane drop-off only. Do not pull over to drop off children.
- Do not park at Hurricane High Pressure (the former Howie’s Marine building), next to the grass field, or in front of the high school portables.
- Do not drive into staff parking lot to drop children off (or pick them up) unless you have special permission or a handicapped child.
- Parents and students are to park in the back parking lot at all times. If your visit to the school during the day is to be short, we have three 30-minute spots available at the top of the staff parking lot.
- Never use the driveway at Pacific Western Brewery as a drop-off/pick-up point at any time of day
The graphic above-right shows how traffic should flow during pick-up and drop-off times. You may click on it to get a larger image.
Click to open larger image
Cedars has quite a few students attending the school who have life-threatening nut/peanut allergies. It is our desire to create an environment that is as safe as possible for all of our students. Please do not pack nuts or nut products in your children’s lunches, and make sure that any candy they bring to school is nut-free. Thank you for your attention to this vital issue.
Since there are both staff and students at Cedars who have severe reactions to scents, we ask that you be mindful of wearing strongly-scented perfumes and deodorants at school, and please purchase unscented hand sanitizer for your children. We appreciate your care and attention to this matter.
- Hot Lunch forms
- Admissions forms for those new to Cedars and those enrolling another child into the school
- School supply lists
- Student/Parent Handbooks for both Elementary and High School
- After School Care registration forms and policies
- Forms having to do with tuition payments
- Forms we need on file if you wish to volunteer with us
- High School and Elementary general forms
High School Portal
Cedars uses a student information system which allows parents of our high school students to access grades, attendance records, and student account fees via a portal. The link to the portal is at the top of every page of our website. Set-up is easy and directions are available on our Forms Page under High School Forms.
You will have received a letter with access information you need to create your account when your high school child first came to Cedars or first entered high school. If you need the information again for some reason, please contact the Main Office.
If you have forgotten your password, we can re-set your account so that you can create a new one. Please use this contact form to let us know or contact the office at 250-564-0707.