Our Mission Statement
Educating and equipping discerning disciples of Jesus Christ for restorative work in His kingdom.
All instruction, recognized by the BC Ministry of Education, is taught by BC Certified teachers and supported by an active parent society, to incorporate a Christian perspective in every aspect of daily education. Both staff and parents unite to help the child to:
- Develop their unique potential
- Internalize spiritual values
- Live a life of service, fellowship, stewardship, discipleship and obedience to God.
Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible (Old Testament and New Testament) is God’s written word to humanity, is divinely inspired, and is the only trustworthy and authoritative guide in all matters of Christian faith and conduct.
- We believe there is one God, he is the creator, redeemer, and sustainer of the universe, and that he is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe God created humanity in his image, and that as a result of Adam’s and our sin we are alienated from God and are in need of redemption.
- We believe Jesus Christ is God’s only Son, and he is fully God and fully human. We believe in Jesus’ virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death, victorious resurrection, ascension, and future return.
- We believe the Holy Spirit works in individual lives to draw people to God, and that he indwells, equips and empowers followers of Jesus in all aspects of life and ministry.
- We believe it is only through genuine faith in Jesus that a person can be saved and eternally reconciled with God. We believe all of humanity needs to be saved by Jesus and that at the end of time God will judge both the living and the dead; those who are saved to eternal life, those who are not saved to eternal death.
- We believe every follower of Jesus, as a member of the body of Christ, is called to walk faithfully in all areas of life and to make disciples by reaching out, inviting people to follow Jesus, and by teaching the truths of the Bible. We believe every follower of Jesus is to love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength, and love others as themselves.
What We Believe
The basis for the instruction offered at Cedars Christian School is the Word of God. We believe that the Bible, the written Word of God, is the power that directs our lives and is the infallible authority that is to govern all our activities including the education of our children.
Through the Scriptures, we know that God created all things by His Word and that He continues faithfully to uphold and sustain all of created reality. We believe that man, through sin and disobedience, became estranged from God and his neighbour and thus became blind to the true meaning of life and reality. Jesus Christ, the Word of God Incarnate, reconciles the world to God and redeems our lives in their entirety.
The purpose of Christian education is to guide and direct the children in such a way that they commit their hearts and lives to Christ, come to an integral and meaningful knowledge of the wonderful creation God has given us, and are prepared in all life’s aspects to serve God and their neighbours.
We believe that God has primarily given parents a responsibility to nurture and educate their children. Cedars’ primary purpose is to assist parents to fulfill this educational task.