More Resources and Government Information
On March 27th, the Ministry of Education provided a number of key updates to school districts/authorities, educators, and families on their Safe & Healthy Schools web portal. Our leadership team is reviewing these communications as they are released and making adjustments to our Cedars-specific Continuity of Learning Plan. Please take some time to review these communications and resources this week. Earlier today, we published our own FAQ page to address Cedars-specific questions and concerns. This page will be updated as new information and questions arise in our work together. You can find it at https://cedars.bc.ca/covidupdates/covidfaqs/
- March 27th News Release from the Ministry of Education
- March 27th Letter to Parent/Guardians from Minister Rob Fleming and BC PAC President, Andrea Sinclair
- Keep Learning web resource for parents, caregivers, and educators. This is an excellent resource that should be bookmarked by all. We anticipate that our Continuity of Learning Plan will reference many sections of this resource.
- The most current Ministry of Education FAQ document addresses many of the questions you and your child may have about in-class instruction suspension, commitment to continuity of learning, assessment, and graduation. As mentioned, our Cedars-specific FAQ will supplement this document.
- A Public Health Guidance Document for K-12 educational settings outlines guidelines that will be observed at Cedars in staff “return to work” plans, and any child care or learning continuance plans that we put in place for essential service workers (ESW) or vulnerable students/families in the school building. Cedars will be engaging families in the week of March 30th to determine need for this service for our community and the city of PG at large. We are looking for ways to serve the common good of our community in the face of this COVID-19 pandemic. NOTE: If you are an ESW and need immediate care for your children in the coming week(s), please contact our Principal immediately by email.
- And finally, a one-stop list of Provincial Supports and Information regarding COVID-19, including resources related to: child care, financial hardship / job loss, housing, transportation, health, and services.
Thank you for the many notes of encouragement and prayer for our staff, Board, and leadership team at this time. Know that you and yours are in our thoughts and prayers as well. We look forward to checking in with each of our families this coming week and continuing to serve the needs of this amazing community.