That’s right, inter-school sports has returned and we are excited to compete again against other schools in PG and the province!
Here are some things you need to know if you are interested in playing this year:
- Fall Sports: Volleyball and Cross-country; Winter Sports: Basketball and Badminton*; Spring Sports: Golf* and Track and Field
(NOTE: Some sports are High School only*)
- High school teams are categorized as Grade 8, Junior (grades 9, 10) Senior (grades 11, 12)
- Sign-ups for our high school teams will occur Tuesday-Friday next week (September 7-10)
- Sign-ups for grades 6 and 7 sports will occur as soon as possible through their respective teachers
- OPEN Tryouts for our Senior Boys and Girls Volleyball Teams will occur next Wednesday and Thursday at Cedars. ONLY Junior players who are interested and serious about playing Senior are welcome to attend: GIRLS Wed. 3:00-4:30 and Thurs. 4:30-6:00; BOYS Wed. 4:30-6:00 and Thurs. 3:00-4:30
- FEES for each HIGH SCHOOL sport need to be paid or arrangements made with the Business Office BEFORE the first game or tournament of that team.
Approximate fees/player for Volleyball and Basketball are as follows: Grade 8 – $125, Junior – $300, Senior – $800; Cross-country, Badminton and Track and Field – $100; Golf – TBD. If a student plays at a higher level those are the fees that are charged. For example a grade 8 player who plays on the Junior team would pay $300 rather than $125. These fees are approximate and dependent on tournament fees, officials, travel, accomodations, etc charged for each event.
- PRACTICES: Junior and Senior teams will practice at CNC (3:30-5:30) while grade 6/7 and grade 8 teams will be at Cedars. Refer to the school calendar for specific days and times.
- Some players may play at a higher level based upon their skill and maturity OR the need for more players at the higher level. The TEAM SELECTION POLICY is available here with the specific details: https://cedars.bc.ca/athletics/
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our Athletic Director, Steve Wilson (email@example.com; 250-961-9859)