All students, parents and caregivers are invited to join us at 5pm on Friday for an outdoor BBQ and opportunity to meet our staff. Burgers, hot dogs (with vegetarian options), salads, cookies and drinks will be served “by donation” (cash only) with proceeds going to support our Grade 11 Gleaners Ministry trip this Fall. Staff will be introduced at 6:30pm – with an opportunity for a short meet-and-greet with staff in designated areas around the property.
The following health and safety guidelines will be followed to encourage community participation:
- Outdoor seating (six chairs per table) in our staff parking lot – rain or shine! Some tents will be set up for use in inclement weather.
- Indoor spaces will be used for access to washrooms only – through elementary doors.
- Tables and chairs will be wiped down between user groups by our student/adult volunteers. Garbage cans will be monitored and emptied in a timely manner.
- Hand washing stations will be positioned around the parking lot to encourage hand hygiene.
- Food will be served in the foyer by masked and gloved volunteers.
- Participants will line up outside and traffic will be managed through the front doors.
- Visiting will be encouraged to be outdoors, in small groups, respecting others’ personal space.
- Masks will be required indoors only. Adults with mask exemptions are asked to speak with an administrator before entering the building.
- And finally, if you are sick, please stay home. Hope to see you at our next community events!
If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to our Principal, Shane Nelson.
See you on Friday!