Come See Cedars Shine!
If your high school or elementary student enjoys “drama,” you’re invited to see some of our Cedars’ community’s dramatic arts on display! The Speech Arts and Drama Festival culminates in a family-friendly “Honours Performance” this Saturday, May 6, at 5:30pm at the Canfor Theatre at UNBC. Free/Donation.
The following students are honoured to reprise their successful performances:
- Joshua P (Gr 3) – 1 H0P3 7H47 Y0U C4N R3AD 7H15 poem
- Gracyn B (Gr 5) – Shakespeare scene from A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Gracyn B (Gr 5) & another student – Conversation with Insults poem
- Marella H (Gr 5), * Michaela P (Gr 5) – Shakespeare scene from the Taming of the Shrew
- Anya N (Gr 5) – Dear Mum poem
- Mrs. Heather Fisher (Gr 3 teacher) – Daffodils poem
In addition, the Cedars Grade 5 class will be receiving special recognition (but not performing).
If you’ve ever wanted an outlet for a dramatic student or to help a shyer student find their voice, this would be a great chance to see speech arts in action.
Congratulations to many of our Cedars students, some of which include Daniel L, Meadow H, Henry W, Emily L, Penelope B, Kate B, alumni Lizzie Hillhouse (and Mrs. Fisher’s Grade 3 class) for their strong participation in the festival, as well!