This week’s updates from the Building Committee and Leadership Team:
- This was a big week for the building committee! James and Paul met with a potential contractor and engineering firm in Vancouver. We have been in discussion with these firms for many months, so this face to face was the next step.
- They brought back a motion to engage Krahn for all engineering disciplines and have the president of JCI act as owner’s rep through the engineering phase. On Monday night, the Board passed this motion unanimously. Both these firms have been very generous with their time and expertise leading up to this, with no guarantee of anything, so they come to this position with a great spirit.
- As hoped and discussed at the last town hall, the engineers within our society will be welcomed as eyes on the ground to help Krahn as editors and advisors.
- On the local front, the permitting work is moving forward, with L&M assisting on the civil and EDI on the riparian.
- Note: Our next town hall meeting will take place on Feb 25th at 7pm. More details about the agenda for this meeting will be coming next week.
Thanks for all the prayers and support! If you have any questions, please contact Kenton Friesen at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Building Committee