Dear Cedars Community Members,
We wish to thank all our community members that have offered constructive input and feedback to the Board and school leadership team as we have navigated our COVID-19 response. The Board continues to collaborate with our school leadership through the COVID-19 pandemic as we receive, interpret and implement the various provincial and regional health orders. As the pandemic continues to impact the health of the members of the Cedars community and the day to day operations of Cedars Christian School, the Board is reaching out to our community directly to humbly request we all redouble our efforts to keep each other safe.
At this time we respectfully ask our community members to consider the following requests:
1) Face Masks: In light of the ongoing high rate of COVID-19 cases in our city, we ask that those who have received exemptions consider voluntarily withdrawing your mask exemption, and that we continue to encourage all our children to wear masks as mandated by public health. Given the current mandate for mask wearing in the schools, a mask exemption should not be considered a personal preference. Mask exemptions must legitimately fall into at least one of the exceptions listed in the Provincial Health Order:
- to a person who cannot tolerate wearing a mask for health or behavioural reasons;
- to a person who is unable to put on or remove a mask without the assistance of another person;
- while providing a service to a person with a disability or diverse ability (including but not limited to a hearing impairment) where visual cues, facial expressions and/or lip reading/movements is important.
2) Covid-19 Vaccination: Being vaccinated against Covid-19 is considered the most effective method of slowing the spread of this virus – as well as reducing the severity of symptoms related to a Covid-19 infection. While we respect that choosing to vaccinate yourself and your children is a personal choice, we encourage those that remain undecided, and those that are willing but have not taken the opportunity to do so to, set up an appointment to be vaccinated.
Ways to get your vaccine:
- Click on the following link to register for your vaccine: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/covid-19-vaccine-plan#nh-resources#bookingyour-vaccine-appointment
- You may also drop in to the clinic at the Prince George Conference and Civic Centre Wednesdays-Saturdays (10:30am-5:30pm) to receive your vaccine.
3) Daily Health Check: Please continue to complete daily health checks for yourself and your children prior to arriving at Cedars. If your child feels unwell, keep them at home.
4) School Sports: We will be adhering to the Provincial and Regional Health Orders applicable at the gymnasiums in which we are participating – including, but not limited to, submitting proof of vaccination for coaches, volunteers and spectators who are 22 years of age and older. We respect individual rights to declare your vaccination status or not, but we will not contravene the provincial health order requirements of these facilities in which we are guests. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
The Board is continuing to review our policies and procedures in light of the ongoing Provincial and Regional Health Orders. The Board’s objective is to ensure Cedars remains a safe environment where our children can attend school in person. We appreciate your prayerful consideration of the above requests as we continue to evaluate and consider further steps to keep each other safe through this very challenging season.
Cedars’ Board of Directors