Dear Parents and Caregivers,
We are excited to welcome you and your children back to school in less than two weeks!
Yesterday, the Province released 2021/22 school startup guidance for K-12 schools. We are in the process of updating our operational procedures and health & safety plans, and will share details in next week’s Shake. We will also host a virtual Q&A for parents and caregivers at 7pm on Thursday, September 2 to address any of your questions or concerns heading into this school year.
Health and safety guidance remains relatively unchanged from last Spring. The following is a short summary of some of the things that will remain in place, some things that have changed, and a couple of notes.
Still in place:
- Daily health checks for students, staff, and visitors
- Stay-at-home-if-sick requirements
- Hand hygiene and enhanced cleaning measures
- Indoor mask requirements for Grade 4-12 students, staff, and visitors
- No cohorts / learning groups
- Strict (2m) physical distancing replaced with “respect for others’ personal space”
- Re-introduction of inter-school athletics and extra-curricular activities
- Regional-specific measures to be applied with respect to gatherings and events, etc.
- While vaccinations are strongly encouraged, there is currently no provincial mandate for vaccinations of eligible staff and students.
- There continues to be mask exemption provision for staff, students and visitors in circumstances outlined on p.20 of this provincial guidance. Please claim exemptions directly through our Principal, Shane Nelson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Overall, we are thankful for a return to face-to-face instruction and expanded curricular and extra-curricular learning experiences for our students as we head into the Fall. Please keep our leadership team in your prayers as we navigate decisions about key gatherings and events on our school calendar.
May the Lord continue to be our help, and may we continue to be known by our love as we come together to educate and equip discerning disciples of Jesus Christ for restorative work in His kingdom this year!
Mr. Shane Nelson