The countdown is at 2 days before lift off and the final trip details have fallen into place! We will be leaving for Honduras at 8:30am this Friday for Calgary and will bunk in at Mrs. Young’s sister’s place for the night. It will be a great pre-Honduras experience as we will be cramped together in a tight living space. Nothing like being held captive in close quarters to start building authentic community! After Calgary our itinerary looks like this:
March 15 leave Calgary @ 1:15 and land in Houston, TX by 6:15
March 16 leave Houston @ 9am and land in Tegucigalpa, Honduras by 11am
- Once landing in Honduras we will grab a quick lunch, get a tour of the school and then off to the Villa!
March 25 leave Tegucigalpa at noon and after a quick stop in Houston, land in Calgary at 10pm.
March 26 leave Calgary around 9 and drive back to PG.
As we prepare to leave there are a few things we would like to invite you to pray for:
1. Health for our team. Especially Aimee Bumby who has been diagnosed with tonsillitis (pray for complete healing!), Alyse Willmann who will be hobbling around Honduras in a walking cast after spraining her ankle and Sol Goudsward who has a man cold.
2. Clear roads, good weather and uneventful travel. The roads and weather can be unpredictable this time of year so if you could pray for our drivers (Mrs. Young and Mr. Sherman) and for safe travels. Also we are hoping to have uneventful border crossings!
3. Mutual blessing. This has been something that we have been talking about as team for the past few weeks. Our desire is that we will be able to be a blessing to those at Jericho and at the same time experience the blessing of being part of their community for a couple of weeks (Romans 1:11).
4. Open ears, minds, eyes and hearts. Pray that our team will be open to God’s leading as we go about the business of the Kingdom in Honduras.
I could write more but then you wouldn’t have to come back to our blog for an update! Make sure you check back here periodically for updates, pictures and great stories! Thanks for praying and don’t be shy to leave a comment below. We want to hear from you!
Team Hondu 2014