Our staff and leadership team have been working on our Stage 1, 2, and 3 return-to-school plans for K-12 students in September 2020. We will likely not know what Stage we are returning to until mid to late August. In this update, we would like to share the broad strokes of our Stage 1-3 plans for your consideration. Unlike the optional return to in-class instruction in June, we are asking parents to make a commitment to return-to-school plans as outlined. Although a hybrid of at-home and in-class learning is a reality in Stages 2 and 3, participation in the in-class instructional components will not be optional. We are, at heart, a brick and mortar school and believe strongly in the value of face-to-face, in-class instruction.
- Full return for K-12 students
- Full return for K-7 students
- 40% (2 full days) return for High School students with reduced density
- Example: Grade 8/9s in-class instruction on Monday and Tuesday; Wednesday to Friday learning at-home
- Example: Grade 10-12s in-class instruction on Thursday and Friday; Monday to Wednesday learning at-home
- 50% return for K-7 students with reduced density
- Example: Half day, in-class instruction on Monday to Thursday; Friday learning at-home
- 20% return for High School students with reduced density
- Example: Grade 8/9s half-day, in-class instruction on Monday and Wednesday; Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday learning at-home
- Example: Grade 10-12s half-day, in-class instruction on Tuesday and Thursday; Monday, Tuesday, and Friday learning at-home
In late August, we will send out a communique to all families clarifying the Stage in which we will be returning, and full details regarding weekly in-class instruction days and times. Thank you for your patience. We will share more when we are able. It is our hope that sharing the general shape of our planning will allow families to prepare and rest this summer.